TAMPA, Fla. – The New York Yankees may be the highlight of the Tampa area during spring training, but the city and nearby locales do offer a lot of other events and spots for entertainment.
The National Hockey League (NHL) team Tampa Bay Lightning play nine times at the Amalie Arena this month:
- Lightning vs. Carolina Hurricanes March 1 at 7 p.m.
- Lightning vs. New York Rangers March 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Minnesota Wild March 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Florida Panthers March 11 at 7 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Toronto Maple Leafs March 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Washington Capitals March 18 at 7 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Arizona Coyotes March 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks March 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings March 30 at 7 p.m.
March 12 is the day for the Florida Beach Halfathon and 5K. Fees are between $40 and $100, and the course is is flat and smooth.
March 23 to 26 the Florida Orchestra will be hosting four days of different shows at the Mahaffey Theater.
Tampa has several tourist sites such as Busch Gardens, the Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, and the Museum of Science & Industry.